The 2017 Philadelphia Phillies Major League Spring Training roster was released today. I am including a copy for you.
It was another beautiful night in Clearwater. Perfect weather and everyone was excite to start the season on a good note after last year’s fiasco of a season.
While the final score was not what the crowd wanted, a 5-2 loss to the rival Dunedin Blue Jays, there was a lot of good to take away, a little bad, and some ugly.
- The highlight of the night and likely of the year, was a rare (first I’ve ever seen in person) TRIPLE PLAY! Mitch Walding to Drew Stankiewicz to Zack Green, a 5-4-3 triple play. To see this on the first night really gives me hope. For this to come together on the first night is even more amazing than if it was at the end of a season
- Andrew Knapp went 3 for 4, including an RBI single.
- Aaron Brown and Andrew Pullin both had hard-hit doubles.
- No errors.
- Mark Leiter, Jr., making his debut as a reliever with two strike outs, including rehabbing Toronto Blue Jay, Michael Saunders.
- Edubray Ramos got Michael Saunders on a broken bat ground out to Mitch Walding, who threw out Saunders at first.
- The game was lost on three home runs, with each pitcher, Matt Imhoff, Mark Leiter, Jr. and Edubray Ramos giving up one home run.
- The Threshers were 1-8 with runners in scoring position.
- Domonic Brown striking out during both of his plate appearances.
Here is Matt Imhoff:
Mark Leiter, Jr.
I’d also like to give a shout out to Threshers’ General Manager John Timberlake for a moving rendition of “God Bless America” in dedication to Chuck Murphy, former Florida State League President who passed away a month ago. It was a truly heartfelt tribute.