Over the summer I had the privilege of getting to know a few of the players for the Clearwater Threshers. One if them, Adam Morgan, began the season in Clearwater and was promoted to Reading.
Adam is a really great guy and was kind enough to take time to answer my Six Quick Questions:
1. Who was your baseball idol growing up?
Well growing up a braves fan it was hard not to enjoy watching the three stud pitchers atlanta had,Tom Glavine, John Smoltz, and Greg Maddux. Glavine was who I watched all the time. Just cause he was left handed. (haha)
2. Do you have any special sports memorabilia?
I got to meet Glavine at a local high school and got him to sign a ball. I also had a Tony Gwynn autographed baseball but the dog got ahold of it.
3. If you weren’t playing baseball, what would you want to do?
Well I was going to school majoring in criminal justice hoping to become a private investigator. If that didn’t work out, I was planning on going to fire fighting school to become a fire fighter. Basically, I wanted to be outside. Didn’t want to be stuck in a cubicle.
4. What was your favorite moment of the 2012 season?
My favorite moment had to be almost throwing a perfect game in Jupiter…almost is the key word, still have a bitter taste in my mouth after that one. Also getting called up to double A was awesome.
5. What are your plans for the off season?
My plans for the offseason are obviously lifting and staying in shape, but when I’m not doing that ill be spending most of my time in the woods. Deer season started in September so I spend majority of my weekends in South Georgia.
6. What are you most looking forward to next spring? I look forward to playing again! Coming into spring training in great shape and doing what I’m capable of doing will hopefully point me in the right direction to having a successful 2013!
I want to close by thanking Adam for taking the time to help me with my blog, I greatly appreciate it!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!